Pre-screening 300 transfer passengers withing a 90-minute window
United Airlines operations at Frankfurt International Airport T1 present a unique passengers movement profile, higher percentage of passengers connect than start their journey from there. This can result in most flights having up to 80-85% interline passengers presenting themselves for the first time to be pre-screened at the boarding gate. At times this could mean almost 300 unscreened passengers arriving within a 90-minute window needing to be interviewed. On top of this the TSA selectee passengers need to be escorted to the dedicated area for secondary screening.
Using the CPM software on the mobile kiosks the agents were able to create sorting points and see all interline passengers prior to arrival to the gate. This reduced the SSSS process time and the pre-check delays at the boarding. It allowed for the early detection of document issues and missing APIS.
100% of transfer passengers were seen and 80% of the interviewing process was completed at the sorting point. 10% of the flight was dedicated SSSS, resulting in 90% of transfer passengers requiring no additional attention at the boarding gate and experiencing a normal boarding process. The remaining 10% requiring and additional APM completion at the gates.